Interact Club, Student Council, and Torch Club are working with Growing Wapello Together to sponsor a Food Drive.
The Food Drive starts January 30 and runs through March 2. All donations will benefit the OHS Food Pantry that supplies those in need with a backpack of food on the weekends. Overflow items and food will be donated to the Food Bank of Southern Iowa. All canned food donations are welcome.
Each week we will have different items designated as "double point" items. All other products will be worth one point. At any point throughout the Food Drive, backpacks will be worth 10 points. Items will be collected during 3rd period and the winning class will be rewarded with a bowling and pizza party. Classes may partner together as long as the two classes combined are less than 30 students. Below are listed the double point items for the 5 weeks ahead:
- Week 1: Proteins (ex. canned tuna, chicken, spam, etc.)
- Week 2: Canned Fruits
- Week 3: Personal Hygiene Items and Small Breakfast Items (small shampoo, conditioner, soap, toothbrushes, toothpaste, granola bars)
- Week 4: TBD
- Week 5: TBD
For more information contact any of the following club sponsors:
- Interact Club: Victoria Rusch & Stephanie Vallone
- Student Council: Kelci Eakins & Jose Ortiz
- Torch Club: Kyle Rommerman