The PSAT/NMSQT is a comprehensive, standardized assessment administered at schools each October. The test provides an opportunity for you to begin addressing areas where you may need extra attention as you prepare for life beyond high school.
The PSAT/NMSQT measures:
- Reading, math reasoning, and writing skills that are important for successful academic performance in college
- Knowledge and skills developed through years of study in a wide range of courses as well as through experiences outside the classroom
- Critical thinking—the ability to reason with facts and concepts, rather than the ability to recall and recite them
Students who take the PSAT/NMSQT may qualify to enter the competitions for scholarships and may participate in recognition programs.
National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC)
National Merit Scholarship Corporation (NMSC) uses the PSAT/NMSQT Selection Index scores (the sum of the critical reading, mathematics, and writing skills scores) as an initial screening of program entrants and to designate groups of students to receive recognition.
Wednesday, October 11, 2017
2017 PSAT/NMSQT test fee
- There is a charge of $18, payable to Ottumwa High School
- See Mrs. Keller in the guidance office if you believe you are eligible for a fee waiver (Free/Reduced Lunch)
Sign up in the OHS Business Office ASAP. Limited spaces are available and slot will be filled on a first come, first serve basis.