The following will NOT be considered appropriate school attire:
- Head covering – hats, hoodies or anything worn that covers the head. Separate head coverings needs to be put in locker or book bag upon entering school. No head coverings can be worn from 8:10-3:15 while anywhere in the building.
- Headwear- Sunglasses, bandanas, visors, any novelty headwear. Separate headwear needs to be put in locker or book bag upon entering school. No headwear can be worn from 8:10-3:15 while anywhere in the building.
- Must not expose midsection or cleavage.
- Shirts with large, open armholes will not be permitted.
- Tops that expose undergarments (bra straps) will not be permitted including: strapless, halter, one-shoulder, spaghetti strap, racer-back, or narrow strap shirts unless worn under a jacket or over a shirt or sweater.
- Other Clothing & Apparel:
- With alcohol, tobacco, or drug advertising.
- With inappropriate words or phrases including words, phrases, or symbols that are gang related.
- Apparel that carries images, slogans, pictures, diagrams or that espouses in any fashion negative or degrading ethnic, racial, sexual or gender messages, or can be construed in a reasonable fashion to do so.
- Clothing to be a form of expression that promotes violence, bigotry, hate or abuse.
- Must be worn at the waist line
- No holes exposing undergarments or that are higher than the inseam, or which are otherwise deemed to be inappropriate.
- Skirts, shorts, shoes, dresses & rompers:
- Must be appropriate in length.
- Skirts and shorts must be at a length that allows students to sit and bend with modesty.
- The measurement standard used for skirts and shorts is that when your arms are held relaxed at your side, the tips of your fingers should not touch your leg skin.
- Shoes must have some sort of sole (no barefoot).
- Pajamas, Slippers, Blankets & Costumes
Students will be required to change their attire before being allowed to go back to class.