Kindergarten registration is now open for the 2021-2022 school year. Students must be five-years-old on or before September 15, 2021 to enter kindergarten. Registration can be completed entirely online.
Students currently enrolled at Pickwick Early Childhood Center, Seton Montessori or IHCC PK:
- If you already have a PowerSchool account, log in and click on “Forms'' on the left menu bar. Select and complete the "Kindergarten Intent to Enroll" form and submit. For assistance: CLICK HERE for How to use Forms.
- If you have a PowerSchool account but you need your preschooler added, contact the secretary at your child’s new school for assistance.
- If you do not have a PowerSchool account, contact the secretary at your child’s new school for assistance or click the link for assistance. CLICK HERE for How to Create a PowerSchool Parent Account
Students new to the Ottumwa Community School District:
- Begin by filling out a short form: CLICK HERE for Kindergarten Registration Form 2021-2022
- An email will be sent to you with instructions on setting up your PowerSchool account. Once your account is created, you will click on “Forms” located on the left menu bar. Complete all forms except "Permissions" and "Transportation Request" forms. These will be completed prior to the first day of school. Submit forms on the bottom right when finished. Click this link for a video tutorial: CLICK HERE for Enroll a New Student
- Please be prepared to provide proof of age and legal name for your child (birth certificate, Social Security card or other legal document), proof of residency (lease agreement, utility bill, etc.) and immunizations. Copies or photos of these documents may be uploaded during the online registration process or submitted to your child’s school prior to the beginning of the school year.
For assistance please contact the secretary at your child’s new school:
- Douma Elementary; Jenna Hoskins, secretary; 641-684-4668
- Eisenhower Elementary; Carol Anderson, secretary; 641-684-5617
- Horace Mann Elementary; Sara Buller, secretary; 641-684-4661
- James Elementary; Jessica Williams, secretary; 641-684-5411
- Wilson Elementary; Salud Leyva, secretary; 641-684-5441
Iowa Immunization Requirements - An immunization record is required to enroll pursuant to Iowa Department of Public Health [IDPH] 641 Chapter 7. The school nurse collaborates with local public health, whom audits admitting official’s compliance with IAC 641 Chapter 7.
Dental Screening Requirement - All children enrolled are required to have a dental screening pursuant to IDPH 641 Chapter 51. The school nurse collaborates with regional public health designee, I-Smile Coordinators, whom audit the admitting school official’s compliance with IAC 641 Chapter 51. There is no school exclusion with this mandated health screening. A school nurse may complete the Kindergarten Dental Screening.
Mandatory Lead Testing Program - All children enrolling are required to have at least one lead test. The school nurse collaborates with school personnel to complete a Kindergarten excel spreadsheet containing enrolling student demographic information that is returned by email to IDPH that is compared to the state Lead database. IDPH will audit the list of enrolling students and return to the school a list of students whom did not meet the requirement and school admitting official’s compliance with IAC 641 Chapter 67.
Vision Screening Requirements - Each public or accredited nonpublic school shall forward to the Iowa Department of Public Health evidence of each Kindergartner’s valid vision screening performed no earlier than 1 year prior to enrollment and no more than 6 months after the date of the child’s enrollment. The school nurse can collaborate with community providers or conduct the screening themselves.