As a preventative measure, we encourage all students, staff, and parents to take common-sense precautions to prevent the spread of all infectious diseases, including common illnesses like colds and the flu.
- Stay home when ill
- Cover your cough or sneeze
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth or nose
- Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer
Parents should keep their child home from school because of a serious illness, injury or a condition that can be passed on to other children. The following symptoms may be considered appropriate reasons to keep a student home from school:
- Vomiting. Children must stay home until they haven’t vomited for 24 hours.
- Temperature 100.4 °F or greater. Children with a fever must stay home
- until they are fever-free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medication.
- Loose stools/diarrhea
- Green or yellow drainage from the eyes, redness of the white of the eye
- Persistent runny nose with yellow/green discharge, accompanied by fever
- Productive or persistent cough that disrupts normal activity
- Shortness of breath or wheezing
- Sore throat, red throat with white patches on throat
- Undiagnosed rash
If your child must stay home because of illness, please let the school know they will be absent by alerting the building secretary. Thank you to everyone for your efforts to keep all Bulldogs safe and healthy.