Message From the Principal
Dear Eisenhower Students and Families,
As the principal of Eisenhower Elementary I am honored to have the opportunity to work with all of you and the staff at Eisenhower to begin the 2020-2021 school year as we do our best to navigate our current circumstances related to our Return to Learn Plan.
All staff are committed to ensure the best learning environment while implementing mitigations to minimize infections while at school. Here are a few of the strategies we will be implementing:
- Devices for each student. Preparing each student on how best to navigate either face to face or virtually.
- Creating class cohorts.
- Communication tool with Remind app.
- Encouraging teachers to utilize outdoor space for learning. Please send a towel to school with your child so they can sit on the grass.
- Providing social distancing class lines on the playground for morning arrival to school.
- Car rider lanes have been extended so students can readily access their own car when they arrive.
- Classrooms are arranged for social distancing.
- Limiting the number of students in the lunchroom.
- Weather permitting, lunch will be outside on the front lawn. Please send a towel to school so they can have a social distancing style picnic lunch.
- Masks and a mask lanyard will be provided so all students and staff have them to wear.
- Mask fatigue breaks will be implemented to increase mask stamina.
- Water bottle filling stations. Please send a filled water bottle to school each day.
- Designated class entrances.
- Providing PTYC on site for families who need supervision for their children before 7:45 a.m. and after 3:15 p.m. Please enroll and reserve a spot for your child through the district site.
- Individual sets of manipulatives.
- Access to school for all individuals is limited by appointment only.
- Hallways clearly marked for social distancing.
- Art and music class provided in the home room.
- The playground will be closed after school. Families wishing to access the playground should return after 4:00 p.m.
I look forward to our new school year and recognize the challenges of our current situation and I believe by working together and supporting one another we will have a great year. I am proud of the work all staff have completed to date in preparation for our new normal. We are excited to see you and your child and we all will be smiling behind our masks.
Please feel free to contact me with questions or concerns.