Congratulations to the Ottumwa High School speech team. The team competed at the State Large Group competition at Cedar Rapids Kennedy High School on Saturday, February 2. The team brought nine entries to competition, with seven receiving I ratings. "The students worked very hard and performed exceptionally well!" said Spencer Sones, speech coach.
Categories, their rating, and participants include:
- Choral Reading, Mixed-Two Rating: Kele Allison, Kaya Baca, Erin Campbell, Cole Denner, Isaac Ford, Kilye Hucks, Caitlin James, Hasya Joshi, Martha Melchor, Alessandra Oldenburger, Gissellen Turrado, and Josie Young
- Group Improvisation Team of Carrow, Mixed-One Rating: Alyssa Carrow, Kayleigh Vandenburg, Mataya McClish
- Group Improvisation Team of Joshi, I rating: Hasya Joshi, Jessie Harrison, Elijah Jacobs
- Group Improvisation Team of Maw, I rating: Rivers Maw, Kilye Hucks, Brent Williams
- Ensemble Acting, "History", I rating: Grace Milder and Rivers Maw
- Ensemble Acting, "Almost", I rating: Martha Melchor and Elijah Jacobs
- Ensemble Acting, "Duet Show", I rating: Mataya McClish and Megan Leonard
- Musical Theater, "Tick Tick", I rating: David Halvorson, Megan Leonard, Kayleigh Vandenburg, and Cole Denner
- Reader's Theater, 10 Ways to Surivive the End of the World, I rating: Kele Allison, Lorna Bauer, Alyssa Carrow, Janelle Eskew, Grace Milder, Beth Milner, Madalyn Morris, Alessandra Oldenburger, Mirabella Oldeburger, and Josie Young
Group Improv Choral Reading
"Almost" "Duet Show"