The end-of-the-year locker and desk clean out process for Ottumwa students will look a lot different this year due to COVID-19. Ottumwa Schools have been closed since March 15 and students are not coming back this year. Lockers and desks will be cleaned out by teachers and then items returned to the students. Ottumwa Schools also reminds students and parents that this will be the time to turn in all library books, textbooks, and books from Great Prairie AEA.
Each school has created its own distribution plan. All distribution will take place the week of May 18. Parents will drive up, provide a student name, and the student's bagged possessions will be returned. Parents/students are asked to NOT get out of their car. Watch for additional information from your building principal. See below for individual school schedules:
- Pickwick - May 18 from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Douma - May 18 from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. and May 19 from 1-7 p.m.
- Eisenhower - May 20 from 10:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. and 3:30-7 p.m. Rain date is May 22
- Horace Mann - May 18 from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. and May 19 from 1-7 p.m.
- James - May 19 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 4-6 p.m. Rain date is May 20
- Liberty - May 18 from 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. and May 19 from 1-7 p.m. Parents can use either the parent or teacher parking lot for pick-up.
- Wilson - May 18 from 2:30-5 p.m. on Plum St. Rain date is May 19
- Evans - May 18 for sixth grade, May 19 for seventh grade, and May 20 for eighth grade from 2-6 p.m. in the parking lot
- OHS - Since most students don't use their lockers, lockers will be checked and individual students contacted to pick up items. Watch for details on text/library book drop for all students and Chromebook drop off for seniors.