PK through Fifth grade Courses and Resources
The Iowa Early Learning Standards and Iowa Core Standards are the foundation for the PK-5 Virtual Learning Courses. Curriculum resources support the development and mastery of these core grade level standards. Students are provided with digital and print curricular resources. Interactive software allows for students and teachers to interact with assignments and provide timely feedback.
|PK- 5 Courses||Curricular Resources|
|Interdisciplinary Studies||Creative Curriculum|
|Literacy||Journeys Reading Program - Houghton Mifflin Harcourt|
|Really Great Reading
1st grade: Blast
2nd grade: HD Word
|Math||Everyday Mathematics - McGraw Hill|
|Science||Project Lead the Way and FOSS Science|
|Social Studies||Teacher Developed Units|
|Art, Music, Physical Education||Teacher Developed Units|
|Media and Internet Safety||Interactive Teacher Developed Lessons|
- GOLD will be the primary assessment for Preschool students.
- Early literacy skills will be assessed using the Individual Growth & Development Indicators
- (IGDI’s). Both assessments provide parents with a progress report three times per year
- K- 5 students will participate in FAST Reading and Math assessments three times during the school year.
- Students in grades 3-5 will participate in the Iowa Statewide Assessment of Student Progress (ISASP) given annually in the spring of each school year.