Since spring, the district has hired 51 new teachers. While some new staff members replaced teachers who retired at the end of the 2020-21 school year, others are part of the district's Be The Best initiative. Recommendations under this initiative include adding staff to reduce class sizes and support the individualized learning needs of students in areas such as Title I reading, English Language Learner, K-8 music, English language arts, special education, and guidance.
Six new teachers at Wilson include:
- Lisa Canny, special education
- Carrie Cobler, fourth grade
- Eric Gross, counselor
- Ashley Gruwell, first grade
- Stacey Matusick, fifth grade
- Abree Russell, general music
Welcome to Bulldog Nation!