A five-week introduction and instructional program to teach the basics of bowling to Ottumwa fifth graders will begin March 1 through March 29. Students will meet every Tuesday at 6 p.m. for a 45-minute lesson, followed by two games of bowling. Weekly lessons will highlight:
- Week 1 - Correct ball weight, bowling safety and etiquette
- Week 2 - Introduction to 2-handed and classic bowling styles
- Week 3 - Proper techniques to successful 2-handed bowling
- Week 4 - Proper techniques to successful classic bowlinlg
- Week 5 - Tournament (2 games 2-handed and 2 games classic)
The program is limited to the first 40 bowlers who register by February 22. If more than 40 students are interested, a second round may be offered in April. Cost to participate is $65.
If interested or have questions, use the Facebook page set up for this program: https://www.facebook.com/groups/624786348848039. You can also contact John Eddy at [email protected] or contact Champion Bowl at 641-682-8005.