- Monday, October 3: Introduce October's theme: A peak in the life of the first Americans - Native Americans. We will read a story and create something useful and beautiful out of the earth with native Iowa clay. 1:30-3:00
- Wednesday, October 5: Our first service day from 1:00-? Find more about this at club on Monday, October 3rd.
- Thursday, October 6: Snack Lady from 1:00-1:30! Electric Safety course for all from 1:30-2:00 and further safety, wind, solar and geothermal energy sources from 2:00-3:00 6th -12th graders and a few younger ones as interested. Younger students will then discuss and do some activities with their book club (Have Magician's Nephew read through chapter 10 and bring your book today - we'll read a bit together!
- Monday, October 10: Autumn Acres Field Trip at Stam's Greenhouse near Oskaloosa from 1:00-3:00. Cost is $4.00 per student, parents and teachers free. We'll discuss carpooling on Thursday, October 6th.
- Tuesday, October 11: Home-school picture day! At Agassiz School at 11:00 am on the stage with B & C School pictures. We will mail out information packets with October's newsletter.
- Thursday, October 13: Neal Smith National Wildlife Refuge Field Trip 12:00-3:00. Discuss carpooling on Monday, October 3rd. Pack a lunch and eat there at noon, then watch a 15 minute Refuge film, explore exhibits, go on a hike and complete a seed collecting Stewardship session from 2:20-3:00.
More to come!!!!!!!!
- Tuesday, October 25: Indian Hills Poetry Reading Day The Hills Cafe (by the IHCC Library), 525 Grandview Ave