All students must enroll in the Ottumwa Community School District to attend classes. For information on the Bulldog Virtual Learning option, please click on the link in the left navigation.
Parents/guardians can register their students, grades 1-12, online for the 2020-21 school year from July 22 to August 7. Access your PowerSchool account using a web browser on a desktop, laptop, tablet or phone. Do not to create another parent account if unable to log in. Use the link below to contact Registration Assistance. After logging on, please click on the "forms" icon to complete the registration process. Click on the links below to register or for assistance:
- PowerSchool Parent Portal
- Registration assistance or email [email protected] (allow up to 24 hours for a response)
- Parent Guide to Online Registration for returning students
- Instructions on how to pay fees in RevTrack
If you need access to the internet or a device, see instructions at the bottom of this page.
New student registration will be done online from August 1 - 14 for grades 1-12. Please be prepared to provide proof of age and legal name for each student (birth certificate, Social Security card or other legal document), proof of residency (lease agreement, utility bill, etc.) and immunizations. Copies or photos of these documents may be uploaded through online registration or submitted to your child’s school.
For information about school boundaries and attendance centers, contact the district office at 641-684-6597 or CLICK HERE to use the map on the district web.
CLICK HERE to register new students.
Kindergarten registration is held in March. Students who missed this registration opportunity may contact their elementary school for registration details.
Registration for three- and four-year-old children preschool is held in the spring. Students may still register until all openings are full. Parents need to provide proof of age and income. For more information, contact the preschool office at 641-684-7179.
If you need access to the internet:
- Wifi is available at several locations throughout Ottumwa. CLICK HERE for a list of options.
- Mobile hot spots are available through the Ottumwa Public Library
If you need access to a device:
- Schedule a time to use a computer at the Ottumwa Public Library at (641) 682-7563.
- Schedule a time to use a computer at your child’s school by contacting the school secretary. If you have students in multiple buildings, contact the secretary at your youngest child’s building (grades 1-12) for assistance.
Telephone Consumer Protection Act
* The Ottumwa Community School District makes robocalls or sends automated texts to student family wireless phones regarding the health and safety of students and faculty, including unexcused absences, weather closures, and incidents of threats or imminent danger to the school, pursuant to the “emergency purpose” exception to the Telephone Consumer Protection Act's consent requirement. The district also uses this form of communication to send non-emergency messaging such as notifications. Parents who do not wish to receive non-emergency messages can opt out by sending a written request to the district's Technology Director at:
Ottumwa Community Schools, Technology Director, 1112 N. Van Buren, Ottumwa, IA 52501