Join Superintendent Nicole Kooiker and members of the district's facility committee as they host several community conversations.
The conversations will focus on the recent facility assessment that was shared with the Ottumwa Board of Education in December. The assessment looked at facility needs in Ottumwa's north side schools, including: Eisenhower, Horace Mann, James, Wilson, and Ottumwa High School. The report is intended to be used as a planning tool to assist the district in setting short- and long-term facility goals. The assessment looked at three areas, health and life safety; building improvements; and site improvements. These were then prioritized and cost estimates were provided.
Kooiker will meet with community members at several locations and times during the next several weeks. The schedule includes:
- February 12 at North Hy-Vee from 8:30-9:30 a.m.--postponed due to weather
- February 13 at Second Street Cafe from 9-10 a.m.
- February 15 at Coal Palace Cafe from 10-11 a.m.
- February 21 at The Hub from 2-3 p.m.
- February 22 at Main Street Donuts from 7:30-8:30 a.m.
- February 22 at The Vine from 11 a.m. - noon
- February 28 at South Hy-Vee from 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- February 28 at Top Hat Cafe from 11 a.m. to noon