It shall be the policy of the Board of Directors to enter into contract with a private contractor for school bus transportation. The district has entered into a contract with Durham School Services to provide school bus transportation services.
Transportation Eligibility - Regular Education Students
The district shall provide transportation as required by the State of Iowa.
Iowa Code 285.1.a The board of directors in every school district shall provide transportation, either directly or by reimbursement for transportation, for all resident pupils attending public school, kindegarten through twelfth grade, except that:
- Elementary pupils shall be entitled to transportation only if they live more than two miles from the school designated for attendance.
- High school pupils shall be entitled to transportation only if they live more than three miles from the school designated for attendance.
When measuring distance to determine eligibility for transportation, distance shall be measured by using the shortest distance on public roads only. In general, school buses do not travel on private roads/lanes or in private subdivisions. Distance is measured from the student's driveway to the assigned attendance point of entrance.
Transportation - Bus Information
Manager, Jason Knowles
- For bussing information, please call 641-954-9900.
- DurhamTracker Cover Letter *** Link for phone tracker application *** Link for secure login
- Durham Bus Tracker
- Durham Frequently Asked Questions
- Durham Bus Services website
- Durham Hard Surface Routes
- Durham Feedback Link
- District boundary map
- Rural elementary attendance centers map